Writing content for a website is a little bit tickled than other type of content. In writing website content, you have to consider two sides: one is visitor and other is search engines or SEO. You must satisfy the visitors with what they expect from your content. On the contrary, you cannot but implementing the methods to help Google webmaster tool to detect your content depending on a particular topic or keyword. Therefore, you should be more careful to write content for a website.
The foremost tip is: write for visitors, not search engines. Google loves those copies that are also liked by the readers. And user-friendly content ultimately turns into SEO friendly content.
8 Tips to Write Content for a Website
I have been working as a Web Content Developer at CodexCoder & WebCode for a longer period of time. I am also a blogger. Anyway, today I will share some of my practical experiences on how to write content for a website. Hope, after reading this article, you can easily write for your website or freelance articles.
1. Simple, but Write Compelling Title
In newspaper articles, readers take decision to read by seeing the headlines, text structure, images and caption. These things easily impress the readers to read on. But, what the difference is in web content? The visitors cannot see anything except title tag, URL and Meta description in the SERP (search engine result page). Wherever you share your links like social networks, blog, forum etc., everywhere the visitors can only see the above 3 things. The users decide to put their eyes on your post just seeing these 3 parts. First, they give priority to the title. If your title can attract them, the visitors read your webpages. see a comple guide on:
2. Start Writing Main Content
Already, you have created a clickable title. Now time to begin your main text. The starting of an article is very important to hold the audiences until they finish the whole content. The introduction should be impressive and based on weighted words that motivate them to go through further. See my starting “Writing content for a website is a little bit tickled”. Here these are weighted words that persuade the audiences to enter insight. The first paragraph is like a summary of your entire post. It should reflect what you are going to tell so that the visitors can be interested to hear more. Primary keywords have to be put in the first paragraph. Wise if you can start writing with your main keyword. Avoid using LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) keywords in the first part. Use LSI/related keywords after the first paragraph.
3. Now Time to Write Body Content
The body of a content is the most expected piece of texts to the visitors. They mainly get help from the body texts. So, here the text should be informative, relevant, helpful, and educative. The following tips you should remember during writing a content for a website.
- Informative: Why the visitors come to your website? They come to get information. So, your copy has to be full of information. Words limitation sometimes makes the contents close-fisted. This type of content cannot give the readers full information. They mainly enter into your site to get a complete information so that they can be helped properly. So, write until the information would not be completed and visitors also will be satisfied.
- Relevant: After surfing your blog, if the users see there is no similarity between the content title and main texts of the content, they bounce back your site and it will be very harmful for your page’s SEO. Suppose- your title is “how to buy disable cars”. After clicking the link, the visitors see that you write about also “how to buy normal cars”. It creates bad impact in the mind of visitors because they just only like to know “how to buy disable cars”. So, if your keyword is “tips to manage diabetes diet”. You have to just focus on it, but you can use LSI keywords.
- Helpful: why a reader reads your blog post? Because he actually wants useful information that can help him to solve his problem. When you write article for a website, you should try to put the solutions that can help the audiences. To create a content as helpful the best way is to highlight the guidelines how he can do his work for that he searched in Google. Such as- I have written this article with several guidelines that clearly indicate you how to write content for a website.
- Adding Value: To add value means share something in your text that can be most attractive to the users. They feel it earnestly and motivated to work. For an example: you can share “how you can do it practically”. See the 2nd para- I have written like that “I have been working as a Web Content Developer at CodexCoder & WebCode for a longer period of time. I am also a blogger. Anyway, today I will share some of my practical experiences on how to write content for a website.” This portion of real life project is the most valuable part of a web page to the visitors. The truth is: the visitors follow the ways how the experts do.
- Write In-Depth Article: This is not my words. It is suggested by Google. See the Google’s article why you should write long-article. QuickSprout.com has also done a research on “what content gets rank easily naturally”. And they have found that 2000-words content can be ranked easily and also more powerful to the visitors. Besides, the deep articles can save you lots of time from doing the off page SEO.
- Give links of Some Leading References: Just see the very above point. There I gave two references. This technique ensures the visitors that you are writing solid information knowing from the trusted sources. So, the readers trust and believe you, and they bookmark your site for further reading.
Ok, Guys. Already I have finished how to write the body of a content. Now time to make a line of ending. That means conclusion.
4. Write Conclusion With Practical Advice
The last paragraph just bears your advice from your practical experiences because whatever the visitors have read by this time, does not matter. But, matter most how you work, how you are being benefited, how you advice to work etc. See the last paragraph of this article, then it will be hopefully clear.
The above tips are the basic patterns of how to write content for a website. If you want, you can do some other things that can also polish your content in the aspect of onpage SEO. See the tips below:
5. Use Highlighter, Italic, Bold, etc.
All the visitors read your content thoroughly, it is not correct. Some readers just take a glance over your article and take the views just on the highlighted, italic, bold, captions, point, title etc. And within a short time, they try to take an overall idea of these things. Carefully see my content. In many places I used italic, bold or highlighter. These styles actually emphasize on the writing.
6. Title Tag and Meta Description
These two parts are very powerful to make your content SEO friendly. Title tag and meta description are written in HTML of a page. You can take help from others to settle them if you are not accustomed to coding. Or you can use Yoast SEO plugin if you use WordPress theme. This plugin shows you automatic easy option to write title tag and meta description. Read the following two articles to get full knowledge on these two tags:
7. Image Optimization
If you are a blogger or the owner of a website, it is a must doing part for you. Image optimization is necessary to make your content SEO friendly. To optimize image is nothing, just keep the image as small as possible with good quality. Take free image or without copyright. Write the caption to describe the image situation. Alt text should be filled with what your image is about. Of course, I have written a full article on:
8. Keyword Techniques
Of course, you have to write your article based on your main keyword. Besides, you can use LSI keywords to make your post heavier. LSI keyword means related or synonymous terms that bear the same meaning of the main keyword. It helps to generate more traffic and easy rank. Google also likes this method much. Keyword density is another vital issue to write a content for a website. Keyword density varies from person to person. But, many experts suggest to keep it 1-3%. However, I don’t follow keyword density. I emphasize on the core concept clarification of the topic. To maintain this writing style, what the keyword density naturally come, I think this is the best and keep this ratio. You can read the below articles for clear concept:
Last of all, don’t do anything against the visitors. That means write the natural content. No need to put any keywords fiercely because Google praises the user-friendly webpages. Try to write deep information based article that helps to be ranked your page with ease and also saves you time from implementing the offpage internet marketing. The combination of these tips must bring success for you.
Share your ways how to write content for a website in the comment section. It will help others to pick up the best tips and I also appreciate your ideas.