LSI keywords literary means Latent Semantic Indexing keywords. It is discovered from the prevention of keyword stuffing by the search engines. LSI keywords are used for what related or synonymous words you want to rank your webpage. For an example- your principal keyword “dark lips treatment”. You may also write it as “black lips treatment”, “brown lips treatment”, “dark lips remedy” etc. These terms are Latent Semantic Indexing keywords. If you use these LSI keywords along with the main keyword, you have a chance to get ranked those keywords also and tons of visitors you will receive. It is an advance strategy of onpage SEO. LSI technique enlarges the quality of your content, prevents keyword stuffing, and makes the content keyword rich, helps to get more and more traffics. And finally you can rank your webpage or content to Google in less effort.
History Behind LSI Keywords
The past SEO (search engine optimization) practices were not as smart as the present time. Then, SEO experts would use many random keyword techniques to get more users and easy rank. They mainly used to focus on the short term success. They also would take the search engines into main consideration. They were not 100% concentrated to the readers. They discovered many bad SEO tactics that are now known as black hat SEO to beat the search engines. And, keyword stuffing is one of the ugliest tactics of black hat SEO. Keyword stuffing means to use redundant amount of same keywords across the content and other meta tags. This process breaks down the natural readability of a text. So, the readers began to refuse this type of contents that are filled with keyword stuffed. In the phase of time, Google or other search engines also have been much technical to detect the activities that make the users or visitors displeased. So, Google began to penalize the webmasters who had used black hat SEO like keyword stuffing. For this reason, the online publishers had to face a huge destruction of their web pages. They experienced a great loss. Consequently, they started to think how to overcome this problem. Gradually, they identified that the variation of keywords only could save them and make the contents more versatile and effective both for the readers and search engines. And thus, they discovered Latent Semantic Indexing keywords idea. Google also appreciates it as LSI lifts up the article, gives the visitors full knowledge and discuses content in depth.
How Google Considers LSI Keywords
For an example: you searched “dark lips home remedies”. Google robot finds out the highly written content based on the seared terms and other related or synonymous phrases in your content that match perfectly to your content. If you have used your main keyword many times in the article, Google guesses it as a spam for reaching in SERP. So, he skips your content. If Google webmaster tools see that you have used related/synonymous words to express the same meaning of your head keywords, he thinks that your content is right and full of deep information. So, he displays this piece of copy to the SERP.
Another example: Suppose- you have written an article on LSI. Now the question is: How Google index it? Or how he understands whether this LSI is used here for mathematical term or SEO term. If you have used keywords, SEO, onpage optimization, traffic etc. in your content, Google guesses it is written for LSI SEO. So, he index it for LSI SEO. If you have used math, formula, calculation, science etc., Google thinks that you have written on LSI math term. So, he index it for LSI math term. So, in indexing your content in right place, Latent Semantic Indexing keywords are also important.
9 Enormous SEO Benefits of LSI Keywords
I think, already you have been clear why you should apply LSI SEO strategies in your article. Nevertheless, I am describing particularly what advantages you will get from the usage of Latent Semantic Indexing SEO:
Type of LSI Keywords
Actually, Latent Semantic Indexing keywords come into two ways such as Related LSI Keywords and Synonymous LSI keywords. For an instance- the main keyword “How to remove darkness on the lips”.
1. rLSI keywords:
- How to remove dark spots on the lips
- Tips to remove brown shades from the upper lips
- How to get rid of brown patches on the lips
- Ways of removing darkness on the lips
- How to reduce dark tones from the lips
- Tips to remove dark lines around the lips
- How to treat dark lips
2. sLSI keywords:
- How to get rid of darkness on the lips
- How to get rid of blackness on the lips
- How to reduce darkness on the lips
The difference between rLSI and sLSI is: Related words mean any terms that can bear the same meaning and procedures. Synonymous words mean only the synonyms. Such as- darkness, and blackness are synonyms. Remove and “get rid of” are synonyms.
Thus, the related LSI and synonymous LSI keywords help you to make your content healthy, valuable, and informative. Lastly, this strategy enlightens your article in core discussion that the visitors like most. So, ultimately you go ahead with search engine ranking.
Now, the question is how you can find out the right Latent Semantic Indexing keyword phrases. There are a few ways to select the most powerful LSI keywords. See the tips below:
Anyway, friends, we have already discussed several vital points about Latent Semantic Indexing SEO options. Now, I will share:
How to Use LSI Keywords
Actually, I am going to tell you the process how I indeed write my keywords across my contents. Keep the eyes below:
1. Title/h1: Write your title/H1 with main keyword.
2. Title Tag: Title tag must be written with principal keyword, but you can also use important related keywords and brand name. For an example:
Title: How to remove dark lips
Title tag: How to remove dark lips – black spots | Dark Lips (site name)
Here “black spots” is a secondary keyword and “Dark Lips” is website name.
Title is shown on the top of the content and title tag is displayed in the SERP. And title tag is written in HTML section.
3. First Paragraph: In the first paragraph of your blog post, you should write your main keyword phrases. Don’t push related or synonym keywords here. From the second paragraph, you can begin to write your Latent Semantic Indexing keywords.
4. Meta Description: Meta description is a piece of 156 character-texts about a blog post or page. You should write your main keyword here and also LSI keywords can be used. But, never use your keywords more than two times.
5. Others Heading: We generally get h1, h2, h3, h4, h5 and h6. Better to use till h4 serially. You can write your main keyword or related keywords in these heading tags.
6. Last Paragraph: Many SEO experts may have suggested you to keep the main keyword both in the first and last paragraph. In this case, I write main keyword in my first paragraph, but I don’t maintain this rule in last part. I finish my last part of article in natural ways. If the main keyword comes naturally, I put it. If the LSI keywords come, I also put them. If not come, I don’t force.
7. Image: You can also use your keywords or LSI keywords in your image alt text. It optimizes the post also and you will get ranked and visitors for this image from the image search engines like Google Images.
8. Body: The body of a copy is the most potential part. It basically highlights in depth what the visitors want. So, this part should be informative, helpful and relevant enough. Readability and naturalism are also must to sound well your article because if the post does not sound well during reading, the visitors will skip it. There is no any rigid rule how many times you can use your keywords in the body of a text. It depends on the flow of the topic. Where the topic demands keywords, you have to use there whether it is main or Latent Semantic Indexing keywords.
Hope, the above tips will help you to furnish your keywords across the content naturally that also help to maintain accurate keyword density. Don’t think much over keyword density. Just write in natural ways for the readers. And, what the keyword density is maintained by this process, is ideal and okay for the search engine ranking.
Most Important Note: Whatever your main keyword or Latent Semantic indexing keyword is, it must look natural. If any keyword goes against the naturalism, you must skip it. For an example:
Main keyword: Dhaka Hotels
Title: Discover most comfortable Dhaka Hotels
Though, the master keyword is Dhaka Hotels, it does not sound well when it is read because it is not naturally written. So, you can write it:
Naturally written title: Discover most comfortable Hotels in Dhaka
Now, it has been simple and readable, and both the visitors and the search engines like it most. And don’t be confused in writing natural web pages because natural writing gets visitor’s appreciation.
Oh!!! I am really tired of writing. Now discover the new aspects of more traffics by following the Latent Semantic Indexing Keyword techniques. I am again saying, don’t follow any rules hard and fast. Work with your common sense. Only apply your SEO tactics that are good for the visitors and just help the Google to dig out your content. Eventually, you are on the bank of success.
Inform me please in the comment section how you apply your latent semantic indexing keywords and how you are benefited by this SEO technique. Your ideas also will help the newbies. I always appreciate your practices.